2015年9月21日星期一

The Journey 4

I attended our school's photography workshop with my best friend,Reema.

Since I'm a semi-pro photographer,the beginning was really boring for me.Because it's too basic.The only thing to keep me awake was the mistakes made by the teacher.He couldn't distinguish mirrorless camera from DSLR.

I don't understand why so many people cannot identify mirrorless camera,even some people still think that DSLR means professional,and all the rest kind of camera are amateurish.It's easy to explain what the difference between mirrorless camera and DSLR is.


DSLR means Digital Single Lens Reflex.The only difference is mirrorless camera has no mirror to reflect the view from the lens.So DSLR uses an Optical View Finder,you can see the view directly from the lens.But mirroless camera uses an Electronic View Finder,means the light enters your lens and reaches the sensor,and the sensor turns it into a live image and show it to you by the tiny screen inside the view finder.For me,I think EVF is better,because it's easy to use,what you have seen is what you'll get.And of course a camera with less units will be smaller and more lighter.So I can tell you that mirrorless camera is the future.But for nowadays,DSLR still works very good.Because a very big problem is mirrorless camera focuses very slow and not so accurate as DSLR now.People still need about 3-5 years to improve this new technological product.So it's hard to say which type is better now.For sport shooting,of course you have to use DSLR to catch the moments.But for street photography,DSLR seems not very suitable.Imagine there's a strangler aiming you by a huge dark camera.But one thing is confirmed,both of them can be professional,it depends on how creative the person behind the camera is.

The most interesting part was self pratice.Of course I was the photographer,and my best friend,Reema acted as a model.I've shot lots of low key photography for myself before.So my experiences made it very easy for me.

I set the shutter speed to 1/250,that was the maximium speed in that studio,because the flashes in that studio had no high-speed sync.I used manual-focus,because in such a dark place,auto-focus couldn't work.I had no tripod with me at that moment,so I thought I couldn't focus very accurately.To make my photo sharper,I used a very small aperture,F/8.And I asked Reema stay away from the background so that the background won't be lit up.I tested for a few shots.
This is the last test shot,as you can see the camera and flash setting was perfect.So I ask Reema to turn a little bit,and I got this final shot.
I'm so grateful to get this photo.A perfect model is so important.

Then we tried high key.High key is really hard,and I've tried a few times before,but there's no any usable result.

I got this simple plan in my mind.And I think it's a good plan.But finally I didn't find the right setting to satisfy effect.So I gave up...

Then Reema gave me a very interesting idea.Motion,means I use high shutter speed and flash to freeze the time.So Reema kept whipping her hair,and I waited for a good time and pressed the shutter.Then we got this amazing shot.
As a design lover and also a photographer,I always use photoshop.So I thought maybe I could use photoshop to get the effect which I wanted but didn't make it.
Finally I succeed.She looks like an angel.


没有评论:

发表评论